Guess who is the coolest of the cool and is now on Instagram…
For FunDay Friday I am going to tell you about some exciting things going on in Atlanta NEXT weekend! Yes, it is such a fun weekend I need you to start planning now.
- Grant Park Summer Shade Festival!
- There are two races next Saturday.
This is my favorite summer festival but unfortunately I won’t be able to go this year so you have to go for me and then do all of my favorite things. You have to have at least three fried items from the food area, look at every vendor booth and find something with a Weimaraner on it (last year I got a magnet), sit in the shade and listen to the bands play.
One is the Adams Run for the Park 5K. I ran this race last year and loved it. It is a small race, super-friendly, and relatively easy 5K around Grant Park.
The other race, I just found out about. It is the Ahimsa House Walk, Wag, N’ Run 5k. Sara from Fit Fun Femme volunteers at the Ahimsa House and is co-chair of the event. Check out her post for more info and how to volunteer here. I love any race that I can run with Bailey so this race sounds perfect. For a good cause, and you can run with your pup!
Now onto something fun… A survey!
Cori from Olive to Run made up a fun Would You Rather: Running Style Survey. So here we go:
Would you rather…
- Be dressed up like a zombie for a race or be chased by a zombie during a race?
- Would you rather… Train with Chuck Norris or Arnold Schwarzenegger?
- Would you rather…get stuck in an elevator after a race with other people and have to pee or get stuck in a port a potty during your race?
- Would you rather… Drink milk as your run your race or soda/pop?
- Would you rather…puke all the way down the front of yourself during a race or have someone else puke on your foot?
- Would your rather…be three feet taller than you currently are or three feet shorter?
- Would your rather… sing Call Me Maybe on repeat, or do the Macarena throughout the entire race?
- Would you rather…have someone’s snot rocket hit you in the face during a race or someone’s blood from chaffing hit you in the face?
- Would you rather…receive a beautiful shiny medal at the end of your race or have the race organizers donate $100 to charity after you finish the race?
- Would you rather… “Hit the wall” halfway through your race distance and struggle the rest of the way or get close to end feeling great the whole time and end up having to DNF?
Well, things chasing me freak me out and for some reason my flight-or-fight response is messed up and instead of running faster when I’m scared, I end up in the fetal position on the ground (hence why I don’t do well in haunted houses; someone ends up carrying me out). So I guess I am going to go with dress up like a zombie and chase people for this one.
My grandfather LOVED Chuck so I am going with him just for that reason.
I am going to go with get stuck during a race just because I think it would be a funnier story and less mortifying than the possibility of peeing on myself in an elevator with other people.
I already drink a flat coke before most of my races so I will go with the coke during the run, at least I would be getting some caffeine and sugar to help me out.
I HATE throwing up! It is the worst thing ever! I will take someone else puking on my foot, I work in a hospital so I have had much worse things on my foot, arm, leg than puke.
I am going to go with taller on this one so then I would have a stride like Usain Bolt and have the chance to play basketball also.
Um, I love Call Me Maybe, so I will be singing that!
I know it sounds strange but I think I would rather have blood than snot, snot makes me gag!
Well if you are don g it for the medal than you are running it for the wrong reason. I love running races where I know the money is going to a good cause. Give the money to charity!
I am going for hitting the wall and struggling! The thought of DNF makes me shudder.
So now it is your turn… Pick one, two, or all of them and tell me your answers!
Also tell me one fun thing you are doing this weekend!
Happy Friday Y’all!